Friday, December 16, 2011

I've been given a bloggy award!!!!

So my sweet friend Christy at Delete Wheat has paid it forward!  She has given me that Versatile Blogger Award!  Thank you Christy for thinking of me!  She is a great gal to get to know, full of wisdom that lady!  Go take a peek at her blog, you won't regret it!  She has published her first gluten free cookbook full of everyday recipes to take away the anxiety of thinking you can't eat gluten free....it's not that hard!



So now it is my turn to pass on the bloggy love.  I am supposed to pass the award on to 15 so I'm going to try to come up with that many.  I'm typically a bloggy surfer but don't follow alot of people....is that bad?  So here goes:

1.  The Farrier's Daughter-- I've recently found her because of her name...not many know what a farrier is but my husband is a farrier on the side so I was intrigued.  I've really enjoyed her blog and her heart.  Stop by her blog and click on her shop link while you're there as well.  She sells what she calls Cowgirl Canteens super cute and in the spirit of the holiday season you have to check out her line called Toadally Tutus!  When you purchase one, she donates one to a hospitalized child at Christmas!

2.  Everything Espey--Another recent find!  A fellow Aggie, Texan and Christ lover!

3.  Happy Together--Also a recent find....she's super crafty, a mother and believer.  She has tons of fabulous tutorials and sells her patterns and creations as well.  A great lady!

4.  The Secret Life of a Juicy Christian--This girl is one inspiring lady and uber talented.  She makes art and jewelry that inspires your soul and your style!  Definately a great stop in blog world!

5.  Monique's Stitches--This lady will inspire you with lovely colorful quilt pictures!  She is a master with fabric and sells her creations as well!

Weeellllll I guess this means I need to get out and about bloggy world more often!  But please check out all these fabulous ladies!

The next requirement of the award is to tell you all 7 things about myself. :)

1.  My favorite verse of the moment is Proverbs 3:3 "Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."  The whole chapter is gripping me actually but I came across this one in a study I was doing and the point was made that kindness and truth are meant to go together.  Especially in terms of relationships, one without the other can be hazardous.

2.  Horses are what make me tick.  I love sewing, knitting, and crafting which is most of what this blog is about, but horses are what truly make me tick.  I'm not in a position to do alot of riding at the moment, but you'll see this eventually!

3.  I am an optimistic dreamer and goal setter.

4.  I am a terrible procrastinator.

5.  I love to play volleyball.

6.  My favorite color continually changes.

7.  My husband and I lived in a shack in the forest with no electricity for two years....great times!

A note to the award recipients:  Pick up the award graphic and place it in your post.  Pass it on to 15 more bloggers(make sure to go tell them) and tell us 7 things about yourself!

Til next time....

Shannon

2 comments:

  1. You are too sweet to include me! Thank you so much :) Love that verse too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete